Fedora Core 1 Test Update: gnome-panel-2.4.2-1

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 10:10:25 UTC 2004

Hi Leonard,
	Here's my basic strategy:

  + Push an FC1 update with the latest 2.4 tarball from upstream and
    include extra patches for any other *significant* issues. At this
    point there isn't huge value with doing much more with FC1.

  + Move onto FC2 and hammer on that. I think its much more important
    to focus on getting the next release right rather than spending
    too much time on little issues in the last release. FC test2
    devel freeze is this coming Friday and I'd much prefer to see
    things fixed for that release rather than an FC1 update.

	So, I'm new to Fedora - but I think that's probably fairly close
representation of the entire project's focus right now.

	I do really appreciate your work on gnome-panel, but it would be much
more effective if we were both focused on the same thing.

Thanks,
Mark.