Testing test releases: do not update

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Feb 24 13:27:01 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 08:07 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> but i guess it means that, unlike previous test releases from red hat,
> these early test releases really are unusable as *anything* but test
> platforms.

> but with this new fedora approach, that's just not true anymore, at least
> for the first release or two.

> based on what i read, it's only toward the very end of the entire testing
> cycle (FC2-test3) that feature freezes start to kick in and we should see
> things returning to normal in preparation for the official release.

This is new to the public; but the former private beta tests have always been
like this.  Typically, the first public beta was the third or fourth actual
test release; the first two or three were for the private beta test team
(that is now not so private).  The big difference this go around is that you
can actually attempt to update the test release.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology