Fedora Core 1 Test Update: gnome-panel-2.4.2-1

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Tue Feb 24 18:17:27 UTC 2004

Hi Mark,

I see your point about not splitting of a devel package. I have heard
the arguments before, and believe them to be quite valid. Just thought
we might discuss it before drawing a conclusion. The effort spent there
would not be wasted for Core 2. But I see the risk/benefit issue.

Now I wanted to argue that some more time spent on FC1 would also
benefit users of RHEL 3, but since Enterprise 3 uses gnome-panel-2.2.2
that argument doesn't fly ;) .

But since I will continue to gather all open issues for gnome-panel
anyway (so they can either be fixed or closed appropriately) you might
just as well wait for me (and others) to finish that triage and apply
some more patches at the end of that. This will only cost you the time
to build the package. In the mean time you can continue business as
usual.

Leonard.