Still Problems/Solution with Discovery of Creative Labs/Ensonic PCI 1371 Card.

Peter A. Banks peter_banks at charter.net
Wed Feb 25 13:16:02 UTC 2004

Just for grins, (being unemployed I have lots of time) I deleted the hwconf
file in /etc/syscconfig directory and the lines in the modprobe file to
determine if  kudzu would properly discover my Creative Labs/Ensonic PCI
1371 Card. (I update my Fedora system everyday.) Now kudzu selects the right
driver in the "alias sound-slot-0 snd-ens1371" statement but the install
sound-slot-0 state does not load the driver.

After a lot of attempts to get the line to work, I gave up and loaded the
following two lines in the /etc rc.local file:

modprobe  snd-ens1371
alsactl restore

Works great!

Regards,