Selinux status (Was: How do I get rid of avc: errors)

Tony Jones tony at immunix.com
Wed Feb 25 22:01:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 11:21:24AM +0700, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

> Uninstall policy; it was not ready for FC2 test1.

What is the status of SELinux and FC2 ?

It's hard to tell where on the projects/selinux ROADMAP FC2-test currently is.

Specifically I can't tell if the above policy issue is just that the policy is
a work in progress and not yet fully correct for the snapshot, or if there are
functional issues with the kernel, library or utilities?

I'm looking for a 2.6 based distro which has SELinux in order to do some
playing around with SELinux.  I don't need fully developed profiles, as I was
planning on starting with zero and building up myself. Just need functioning
kernel, selinux libraries and tools.

If the above isn't the state of FC2 at this point, does anyone have a pointer
to an alternative distro that would better fit my short term needs?

thanks!

Tony