System-config-soundcard now detects alsa.

Mike Pedersen mike.pedersen at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 26 04:30:23 UTC 2004

Hello Jim,

I made a statement that I tried system-config-soundcard and it only
testd for oss. I just tried using system-config-soundcard and it played
a test sound successfully.
I assume that you ran system-config-soundcard from with in Gnome?  Or did
you find a way to run it from the command prompt that I don't know about.
I am trying out some of the assistive technologies available from
Gnopernicus and gnome-speech and was wondering if either a text
functionality will be added to the program or if there could be a
shortcut key for the blind to be able to configure the sound by using
certain keystrokes selected by default. Being able to adjust soundlevels
  would be a great aid also for adjusting the sound with  selected
shortcut keys.
There are console text screen readers separate from Gnopernicus.  For
example I use one called brltty which works in conjunction with a
refreshable braille display.  This is why I was so looking for a non-gui
sound card configuration tool.

regards
Mike Pedersen