Running Apt

jim tate mickeyboa at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 10:56:56 UTC 2004

Matthias Saou wrote:

>jim tate wrote :
>

>>I am trying to run apt and have  the following listing in the
>>sources.lists , but comes back
>>and say's it Failed, when I do a  Update, is listing below correct or is
>>it wrong.
>>
>>Jim Tate
>>

>>/etc/apt/sources.lists
>>
>># Add any local / 3rd party repositories here..
>>
>>rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/test/i386/ core updates
>>#rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/ core updates
>>

>There are no separate "updates" for development, so you should simply use :
>
># Fedora Core Development
>rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/ core
>
>Matthias

  I put this line in my /etc/apt/sources.list
rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/ core
 then I do a :   apt-get update and I get this error message, what gives?

"E: Malformed line in source lists /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)"

I use apt-0.5.15cnc5-0.fdr.7 with linux-2.6.1-1.65

Thanks
Jim Tate