System Lockup from Screensaver - NVIDIA NForce2

Brian Hanks bhanks at crackedweasel.org
Fri Feb 27 11:38:33 UTC 2004

I've been testing FC2-Test1 since the beginning on a spare NVIDIA
NForce2 based system that I have (Asus A7N266-VM).  The recurrent
problem that I am facing is that it locks up within a few minutes after
the screensaver kicks in.  It is a hard lockup that cannot be cured
without a reboot.  This problem has persisted through several upgrades
and is not help by disabling acpi (apm=off acpi=off pci=noacpi).  I have
disabled all power management in the BIOS as well as in the kernel.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brian Hanks
bhanks at bhanks.com