Cyrus IMAP Mail Reverting to Unread

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 27 11:41:53 UTC 2004

I have set up an IMAP email server under FC2T1.  Establishing accounts,
configuring sendmail and configuring fetchmail all seem to be okay.  The
problem is whenever I open a client (Evolution, Outlook Express, or
mozilla-mail) all of the messages in each folder appear unread even
though I have read them in another session.

Initially when reading a message it appears to be marked as read, but if
I exit and restart the client, all of the messages are again unread.  As
a side note:  I have evolution configured to copy sent mail into an IMAP
"sent" folder.  This email too is marked as unread.  It appears as if
the server never sets the status as read.

Googling returned one similar situation, but no solution.

Any ideas.

Bob...