Fedora Core 2 Test 2 - delayed

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 15:06:57 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 02:25:29AM -0600, Wayne Frazee wrote:
> "More recently, in a conversation on the Linux Security Module list, an
> SCC
> employee made a rather different statement:

I've forwarded your mail to our legal people.

> of the technology. Before a colo company, or anyone else uses the
> technology commercially, it will be necessary to negotiate a license
> with
> Secure Computing. If anyone wants to do so, I can help get the ball
> rolling with our Legal and BD folks.'"

<Speaking for myself not Red Hat>
The GPL does not permit such additional license negotiation as I read it
so if you negotiated such a patent license and it was neccessary the GPL
would prohibit the use of the code anyway.
</Speaking for myself not Red Hat>

Alan