Kickstart doesn't?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Sat Feb 28 01:09:03 UTC 2004

Howdy all,

I'm netbooting into the Fedora (test 1.90) installer, and the installer
is having a hard time aquiring a lease from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP
version whatever's-current-in-redhat-9).  I see the requests going out,
an the following errors in the syslog on the DHCP server:

  Feb 27 19:54:38 flowers dhcpd: fallback_discard: Resource temporarily
unavailable

What's more:

- The PXE loader (pxelinux) is able to aquire a lease w/o a problem, and
- The second stage installer is also able to aquire a lease.

This system is using a 3Com 3C905C-TXM NIC.

I recall seeing a similar issue discussed in the archives, but I'm
unable to search the archives at the moment ("redhat.com is temporarily
unavailable. Please try back later.").  Has anyone else run into this
problem?

-- Lars