Losing the keyboard and other strange things!

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 13:58:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

Okay, I have the 2.6.3-1.110 kernel running. All is roughly well. My
sound card is working merrily, the CD writers are acting up, but other
than that, things are okay.

Only problem is that from time to time the system gets itself confused.
The keyboard stops accepting key entries and when selecting something
with a mouse click, the previous one isn't cleared, so things get silly
(the previous selection can be cleared by clicking on it).

No idea what's causing it. CTRL-backspace kills the X session and all
returns to normal (keyboard works, mouse clicks go to the correct place
etc).

Is this an XF86 bug?

TTFN

Paul
--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority"
Dr Who