Java and Fedora

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sun Jan 11 19:41:45 UTC 2004

Ryan Nix wrote:
> Why is Java always so difficult to setup?  Specifically speaking, I'm
> trying to install Limewire for a customer to appease her for trying a
> Linux desktop.
> Is there something that has to be configured in each user account to run
> Limewire?

I've created a file called java.sh in /etc/profile.d, which contains this :
if [ -z "$JAVA_HOME" ]; then
  export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jre-1.4.1_01
  export PATH="$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin"
fi

This way I have the java executable in my path, and everything works fine.
You may have to change the JAVA_HOME path, depending on your version.
The only thing left is to add the symlink to the java web plugin into
mozilla's plugin directory, but it has nothing to do with limewire :-)

Hope this helps

Aurelien
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info
"If anything can go wrong, it will -- and in the most annoying manner
possible." -- Edward A. Murphy Jr