Fedora Core 1 Testing Update: gcc-3.3.2-6

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at rogers.com
Mon Jan 12 23:16:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:19:25 -0500
Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> wrote:

> And in the case of GCC, there are so far no reasons to have different
> compiler for FC1 updates and development, which means that
> the package has to be built as FC1 testing and when it becomes FC1
> stable
> it will be automatically inherited into FC2 development.

Jakub,

Ok, bandwidth-be-damned i've setup mirroring for binary and source
rpms of both core/testing and core/development from redhat.com.

Would still be interested to hear if you think a change is in order about
when rpms are automatically inherited by FC2 development.  Don't you think
it would be better if it happened at testing time, rather than when moved
to stable?  Although i do like the notion that we test our rpms _before_
we develop them...  That's got to make development easier. ;o)

Sean