unable to connect to the internet

jason pearl jpearl24 at cox.net
Wed Jan 21 00:54:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:52:20 -0500
"alton bailey" <ojgbagg27ab at msn.com> wrote:

>A few days ago i went for a drive and return to see that my computers
>internet connection was down. I began to trace all my net cable to my
>router only to find out that my router bagan to malfunction. I
>deassemble my network and connect my dsl modem to a 8 port hub and
>start the network only to find out that FC1 cant find the internet
>connection the firewall is preventing it from connecting I desable the
>firewall and it still says the same thing I reinstall and the same
>thing happen could someone point me in to resolve this  problem

im assuming you are trying to go from dsl modem to hub to computer...
do you have all 8 hooked up... do you have a static ip.. only 1 will
have access if u have dynamic ip..
hook the computer straight from the modem... if u have static ip with no
router you have to configure the computer with your ip.

--

jason pearl <jpearl24 at cox.net>