does the test have 32 bit libs?

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 02:16:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:39:07PM -0700, jason pearl wrote:
> how is the support for 32 bit games and apps on the test1?

Some of the libs are there (those required for mozilla and Open Office)
others are not since there are no apps in core that require them.  With no
apps using them, they will not be fully tested.  That said, Open Office is
32bit as is mozilla, and I personally run 32bit flash plugin and java.
Games is a different issue, if you need to run 32bit games, I am afraid you
are out of luck.  I would recommend a dual boot environment.  The issue is
the 3D drivers have a kernel module associated (dri) and that is 64bit.
You cannot put a 32bit module in a 64bit kernel, and you cannot run 32bit
3D instructions in a 64bit driver unless someone wants to step up and write
a thunking layer...  So far most developers would prefer many other methods
of torture.

Justin