Fedora Core 1 for AMD64 test1 "Disks and Boot" Questions

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Wed Jan 21 22:24:25 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 15:12, jason pearl wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:51:59 +0000
> jamesacook at breathe.com wrote:
>
> >I will be getting a new laptop shortly with an amd64 processor... and
> >will definately be trying out fedora,,, couple of questions really.  Is
> >it posible to dual boot between 64bit and 32bit OS (maybe a daft
> >question :P )and is there a way of putting all the install cd's on to
> >one bootable dvd... (cd's soon to be confined to dark ages)
> >I know i should probably play when i get it but just thought id test
> >the water
> >
> >J :)
> >
> if i remember correctly i was running XP and mandrake 64  on same box..
>
> i would say find a way to expand the iso's and put the disc 2 and 3 into
> their right dirs. i havent tried it yet ... i have wasted a few dvds
> trying hehe

A shell script for making an DVD iso from the CD isos was posted to the
fedora list previously. It's actually pretty straight forward.

Now if you want to install both i386 and x86_64 versions from the same
bootable dvd that maybe a bit harder as you would require two kernels,
etc.

Mark Lane, CET  mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd.  http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771      F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--