kernel-2.4.22-1.2163.nptl

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Fri Jan 23 17:39:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 04:54:01PM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> Dave, is there any chance to get the Firmware Loader stuff into
> the FC1 kernel? This one being missing is the only reason I (and
> probably others) need to use a self-built kernel in order to use
> the Prism (www.prism54.org) WLAN driver... one of the most (or if
> not _the_ most used chip for 54mbps .11g WLAN cards).

Umm? What's the problem?

Linux tc 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl.prism54 #1 Sat Jan 10 20:17:38 EET 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I just dropped the prism54-patch in, rediffed and build the kernel SRPM
again.

That doesn't work with the automatic network config tho. The prism
driver is not happy if networking tries to treat it as 'Wireless'.
Should update the wireless-tools too tho.

Just loading the driver and ifconfig it manually and it's working.
Should really peek what is actually wrong with it as on debian it's
working 'out of the box', but then again it's just my tabletPC which
is used just to watch movies and it's powered all the time anyway ....

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/