kernel-2.4.22-1.2163.nptl

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sun Jan 25 15:10:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 04:40:39PM +0200, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> eth1: uploading firmware...
> firmware_class.c:call_helper: firmware: /sbin/hotplug firmware add
> eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
> eth1: prism54_mib_init()
> eth1: done with prism54_mib_init()! -- Client Managed mode
>
> from dmesg very much seems me like the fiwnware gets loaded?

Uhm.... you are totally right. The FC1 kernels DO include the
firmware loader... I have no idea how I managed to think that
it doesn't. I thougth that I have inspected the kernel-source
RPM, but when doing this now, I clearly find CONFIG_FW_LOADER.

Thanks for pushing me into verifying my findings. :-)

> This kernel is pure 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl which i pached with
>
> patch-2.4-prism54-cvs-latest (Jan 10 on my disk)
>
> and made rediff to include that to SRPM build process and rebuild the
> kernel RPM.

Will try to do this too, although building an external RPM just
for the prism54 module would be cool. Given that the firmware
loader is in the FC1 kernel, this should be possible without
modifying the FC1 kernel RPM.

Best regards,
Daniel