leftover modules

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Mon Jan 26 20:18:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 13:25, joe wrote:
> hmm, the modules directory should be pretty much gutted though - but rpm
> only removes what it installed, leaving things that were either modified
> or generated after the fact.

Joe,

That's what I thought, but it's not what I am seeing. My root filesystem
filled up a few days ago. I found the culprits in /lib/modules. Trying
to diagnose a problem with an scsi module, I had installed, then removed
several versios of developmental 2.6 kernel rpms. Left behind were the
complete module directories, not just fragments.

I'm downloading kernel-2.6.1-1.57.i686.rpm now.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL