x86_64 updates

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue Jan 27 13:59:31 UTC 2004

So far, the only updates for test1 of FC1 for the x86_64 seem to be an update
for the 2163 kernel.

Is there any plan to start making the updates (testing and regular) available
for i386 also available for x86_64?

So far I have been very pleased with the x86_64 version but I would like to
get more "current" (especially the security fixes) and building the rpms
myself (while doable) is a bit of a pain (and needs to be repeated by every
one of us who wants to update).

So far my experience in trying to port some software (which is also designed
to run on MS Windows) has proved to be a real learning experience.  This is
especially true for the "long" variable which is 4 bytes on 32 bit systems, 8
bytes on 64 bit *nix and Linux systems, and 4 bytes on MS Windows 64 bit
systems.
--
Gene