x86_64 updates

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 17:23:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:34:17AM -0500, Gene C. wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 11:14, Chuck Mead wrote:
> > | how will x86-64 be treated in fedora core 2?
> >
> > Goos question but from what I have heard it will be supported.
>
> Yes, but from the first test version for the i386 or following somewhat later.
> Doing both at once has to be more work than doing them sequentially.  If it
> was not more work then I think we would have seen a lot more updates for
> test1 by now (e.g., the slocate update which just came out).

When things are in concurrent release, it should not be more work.  With
test though, sometimes you have to apply test updates, and things are not
in sync.  SRPMS should always be the same for both i386 and x86_64, so the
build system builds both packages, the question is if they are published or
not.  Test requires a special case, so all updates must be pushed by hand.

Justin