a Mail virus Scanner (was Re: test)

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 28 15:08:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> > MailScanner is a no-go. It's not safe and loses mail, at least with Postfix
> >
> > amavisd-new, OTOH, works with all the MTAs in fedora.
> >
> > later,
> > chris
>

> I use mailscanner with postfix and have not lost any mails.  how exactly are
> you losing the mail?

I'm not, because I don't use it. How do you know you haven't lost mails,
though? ;-)

At any rate, look through the postfix archives. Wietse rants periodically
about how / why mailscanner isn't safe with Postfix. Earlier this month he
posted a long list of how it would need to be re-architected to work
safely....

later,
chris