JVM for amd64 RC1?

Barry Roberts manithree at crosswinds.net
Fri Jan 30 21:29:22 UTC 2004

I nuked the included SuSE 8.1/United 1.0 that came on my appro box to
try Fedora RC1 because I couldn't get a usable jdk/jvm to run tomcat
on.  The only improvement so far with Fedora is that I get better
error messages (I think).

I tried the blackdown rc1 for amd64 and after a few seconds of running
my app, I get the attached error.  On SuSE, the jvm process just
silently exits in roughly the same amount of time.

I can't seem to install a 32-bit jdk because I keep getting errors
like the following from the self-extracting executables:

/root/j2sdk-1_4_2_03-linux-i586.bin: ./install.sfx.16985: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

Is there a decent jdk for Fedora RC1 amd64?  Or is there a way to make
one of the ones I've already tried actually work?

Thanks,
Barry Roberts