JVM for amd64 RC1?

Nathan Bryant nbryant at optonline.net
Fri Jan 30 21:40:10 UTC 2004

Barry Roberts wrote:
> I tried the blackdown rc1 for amd64 and after a few seconds of running
> my app, I get the attached error.  On SuSE, the jvm process just
> silently exits in roughly the same amount of time.

This is the wrong list. You should post the JVM/Hotspot error to the
java-linux list somewhere on Blackdown.org. It might be a good idea not
to use ZIP format.

> /root/j2sdk-1_4_2_03-linux-i586.bin: ./install.sfx.16985: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

The 32 bit jdk should, in theory, work on Fedora but you will need to
install the i686 glibc rpm's. If you selected mozilla during
installation, the 32-bit libraries should be present, otherwise you can
get them from the distribution or the external updates respository that
has been discussed here recently.