Problems with rawhide

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 23:41:51 UTC 2004

Hi,

Most things are working fine on my rawhide system, but I've hit four
problems.

1. On starting up the desktop, all users are getting the following error
box

"Error activating XKB configuration
 Probably an internal X server problem"

I'm using XFree86-4.3.0-45

2. The applications on the main gnome menu have vanished totally!
Everything else is on the main gnome menu, but not the applications.
What do I need to install (again) to get that working properly?

3. Evolution 1.5.3 has slowed down to something almost as slow as
Outhouse! Is it using it's own spam filtering system or is it still
using SA - it seems daft using two filtering systems. It looks really
good, but it doesn't import previous folders :-(

4. There is a conflict between libcroco-0.30 and 0.40. The only thing
needing 0.40 is librsvg.

Other than that, it's great.

I've not added any of these to bugzilla as I'm not sure if they are
bugs, conflicts or what.

Any comments would be appreciated.

TTFN

Paul