FC3T1 Windows network not showing computer

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Wed Jul 14 12:09:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:09, Gerry Tool wrote:
> After starting smb, Computer > Network shows Windows Network, but not a
> computer that is available.  Is this a result of an SELinux policy?  If
> so, how do I change it?
>
> In FC2 without SELinux enabled, the workgroup appears in the Windows
> Network window and the computer in the workgroup shows up in the
> workgroup window.

If it is the result of SELinux policy, then you should see avc:  denied
... messages in /var/log/messages.  But I wouldn't expect it to be
caused by SELinux, as FC3T1 is using the targeted policy, which only
confines a small set of processes.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency