fc3t1 can't find usb scanner

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 02:53:44 UTC 2004

Jim Cornette wrote:

> Gerry Tool wrote:
>
>> The scanner situation seems to be worsening.  After following a
>> thread when installing FC2, I finally got my Epson Perfection 1240U
>> scanner working.
>>
>> In fc3t1, the commands sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L executed
>> either as user or root turn up no scanner.
>>
>> Can anyone else confirm this?  Any hints on hot to get it to work?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Gerry Tool
>>

> It works the same as for FC2 did for me. This is an upgraded system
> without SELinux active.
>
> Are there any avc errors reported in dmesg?
>
> This might be a fresh install bug or policy setup issue.
>
> Jim
>
> -------------
>
> [jim at cornette-fc2 jim]$ sane-find-scanner
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x0505 [HP
> ScanJet 2100C], chip=LM9831) at libusb:001:006
>   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
> supported by
> [jim at cornette-fc2 jim]$ scanimage -L
> device `plustek:libusb:001:006' is a Hewlett-Packard Scanjet 2100c USB
> flatbed scanner

I boot with selinux=0; it is a fresh install.

The output is shown below:

[root at gstpc log]# sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have
installed a
  # kernel scanner module.

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
[root at gstpc log]# scanimage -L

[root at gstpc log]# grep avc dmesg
[root at gstpc log]#