anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1 images?

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 03:14:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:09:35PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i'm baffled by the fact that the first two CDs i've burned have both
> failed the media check test.  first, yes, i've MD5SUMed my ISO images.
> all 4 are perfect.

I had a similar problem. All 4 .isos had correct MD5sums, but the
second CD failed media check a couple times. I rechecked the iso,
and reburned the CD and still had the same problem. This is with
a new SONY DVD burner burning on Memorex blanks rated at 40X. The
burner can do 24X, and the second try I burned at 20X.

I went ahead and installed to see what happened and got no errors.
I did a clean install on one machine, and and upgrade of FC1 on
another and no errors. Either the CD is OK, or there's an error in
one of the RPMs I didn't install (or possibly the media check is
wacky).