Why is this list so quiet?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 18 20:20:54 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 15:14:50 -0400,
  Jeff Ratliff <jefrat at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I think people don't realize how important testing is, and are just
> waiting for other people to do the work so they can benefit. I also
> think a big part is people don't know what to do or how to go
> about it. With something like Debian, you have to run a test release
> just to get modern software, but with Fedora there's much less
> incentive.

It seems there is plenty of testing to do in fc2. I am running fc2 with
a couple of things from development (notably the kernel) and have been
having problems with ppp filtering and tc filtering. I filed bug reports
related to the ppp issues, but am not completely sure the issue with
tc is a bug (partly because the documentation and error messages are
so bad).