SATA boot whish for FC3

Bjorn Andersen ba at linuxin.dk
Wed Jul 21 10:32:46 UTC 2004

I have a Intel Perl motherboard with a 2.4 Intel P4, HT processor. One
WD Raptor SATA as primary disk and one IDE Maxtor as primary IDE disk.

GRUB is getting installed on /dev/hda but bios is booting on /dev/sda.
If i change the bios to boot on /dev/hda (GRUB install) the system boots
as it should from /dev/sda.

In config advanced alternatives for boot loader in GRUB install, the hda
is on top of sda and the GRUB will get installed on hda
See the top line: http://www.linuxin.dk/pictures/fc211.jpg
(sorry for the danish language)
But the standard place for loading linux kernel is /dev/sda2 (my /boot
partition)

Im not doing any "silly" things to the installer. Choosing STANDARD all
the way tru the installer, will not make the system boot.

Regards
Bjorn Andersen