release 3 test 1

Gregory Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Thu Jul 22 02:52:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:40:51PM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Not that easy, watching the traffic here to determine what exactly
> core 3 t 1 consists of.
>
> I see FC3t1 mentioned frequently but it is sometimes used
> interchangebly with FC2.

They are two separate products.  FC2 (Fedora Core 2) is a set of base
install + updates that is now about 4-5 months old.

FC3t1 is a different set of base install + updates that is only a week
or two old.

> For a clean new install to FC3t1, what is the proper sequence of
> events and exactly which ISOs are the base to start from?

The ISO's can be found on the usual mirrors and torrents with an
identification of "2.90" in the testing subtrees.  They are also
generally labeled as Core 3 Test 1.

FC3t1 will be superceeded by FC3t2 and that, in turn, will be obsoleted
by FC3t3.  Ultimately FC3 will be released.

> I've downloaded core 2 thinking that must be where one gets to FC3
> from, but now not sure.
>
> I'm having too much trouble trying to ease into FC3 by cleaning up my
> current mess.  Now aiming for a spanking clean install of whatever it
> is that gets me to FC3.  What is it?

Try:
	http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/test/2.90/i386/iso/

--