yum update - dependancy problems

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 10:01:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > Trying to do an update on this box (FC3t1) and am hitting the following
> > dependency problems
> >
> > Package gimp needs libcrlayeng.so.1, this is not available.
> > Package gimp needs libcroco.so.1, this is not available.
> > Package gimp needs libcrseleng.so.2, this is not available.
> > Package subversion needs libswigpy.so, this is not available.
> > Package gtkhtml3 needs libgtkhtml-3.1.so.10, this is not available.
> > Package subversion-perl needs libswigpl.so, this is not available.
> >
> > Any ideas when these will be sorted?
>
> - Mixing stable and development repositories is not a good idea

True, but the newer file is always the file which is downloaded and
installed - unless I'm missing something that is. So if that's the case,
though not a good idea, surely it's not that bad.

> - Development repositories vary in quality between "usable" and "just a
> pit of random bits"

Nah - not seen that before ;-p Hold on, I have, it was called SELinux
;-o

> Any questions ;-)?

Other than libcroco and libcrlayeng being missing, do you know where I
put my collection of rare Elizabethan frog ticklers? I had them
yesterday, but after the invasion of orange knee-zepplins (and Debian
fanatics), they seem to have vanished like an old oak table.

Christ! What is in this coffee?

TTFN

Paul
--