[FC3] Fresh install - non-selected pkgs get installed [emacs]

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Jul 23 12:10:18 UTC 2004

After two successfull clean installs yesterday, I noticed in both
cases that even though I opted to select pkgs manually, in an
`work station' install, and deselected `emacs' from editors group.
Emacs was still installed.

There was a screen following pkg selection that said something about
checking for dependancies, but nothing was displayed as having been
added to the install.

However, watching the install progress, I see emacs being installed.
And on boot-up and running `rpm -qa|grep emacs' I see:

emacs-21.3-14
emacs-leim-21.3-14
emacs-common-21.3-14

Should this be bugzilla'ed or am I just missing something at the
dependancy check stage?