[FC3] Fresh install - non-selected pkgs get installed [emacs]

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Jul 23 21:41:49 UTC 2004

"Andrew Johnson" <fedora at sappsys.co.uk> writes:

> Now it's installed, try something like this :-
>
> rpm -q --whatrequires emacs
> no package requires emacs
>
> rpm -q --whatrequires syslinux
> mkbootdisk-1.4.3-1
>
> This should tell you what needed it to be installed.

Yes, thanks.  I know how to find that info.  In my case it is the
psgml pkg.  However, the point of my post was not to find out why
after the install is complete but to know about it when it happens
during install.

Maybe I  just overlooked  some option that  would have shown  me added
dependancy pkgs... but in many many installs over the years, of rh and
now fed, I was always shown what deps were being added.