Yike I forgot to save grub.conf setting for text mode settings

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Jul 24 12:58:09 UTC 2004

Before installing FC3 I saved nearly everything usable from an running
FC2, but foolishly forgot about /boot/grub.conf.

I had some trick string on the kernel line that caused a smaller
character size in non-x terminals  something like 0x318 or similar.

Where can I look up those notations and how they relate to character
size?  There must be a chart somewhere that shows how many lines
veritically and how many chars horizontally one gets.