FC3-test1 agpgart warning on boot and very slow performance

Simon Sedgwick sedge at vtr.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 11:04:35 UTC 2004

I've just installed FC3-test1 on a spare box I've got laying about. This
was a clean install onto a disk that previously had FC1 on it and ran
fine. I chose a straight workstation install and performance during the
install process was okay.

After it had finished installing I rebooted the machine and everything
was fine until the kernel had decompressed the it came up with the
following error: (dmesg)

agpgart: Detected an Intel i815 Chipset, but could not find the
secondary device.
agpgart: Detected an Intel i815 Chipset.
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xf8000000

Anything obvious spring to mind chaps?

Simon