Track down problem with access to display 0.0

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Jul 27 16:45:40 UTC 2004

Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin at redhat.com> writes:

> The subthread:
>   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-June/msg00317.html
>
> The full thread:
>   http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-June/msg00316.html

Thanks for that.

Maybe this other problem regarding ssh I've been noticing is related.
In past releases I've been able to put the appropriate pub id's in an
~/.ssh/authorized_keys file and start the ssh-agent while starting X.

Then all my xterms have ssh-agent running.  In the past that meant when
I called `xterm -e ssh root at localhost' it just started an root xterm
with no login.  The ssh-agent handled it.

I've exchanged the pub id's between $user and root
.ssh/authorized_keys files. and I know it is done right because it works
to remote hosts where I've put the same authorized_keys file.
However, when I call ssh root at localhost I'm still queried for password.