Kernel-2.6.7-1.494 and Nvidia Drivers

Brian R Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Wed Jul 28 17:47:59 UTC 2004

> If you want to make other testers aware of your problems and
> compare notes with other testers use fedora-test-list

For testers of Fedora Core development releases...

That's what I've been using... is there another fedora-test-list I
should be aware of?

Quoting myself from the message you quoted:

>> I know that you guys do not tailor the kernel to run
>> with the nvidia drivers, that its nvidia's responsibility
>> to produce a driver that will run on their customers machine.

Never mind then.  I know you guys can't do anything about the nvidia
drivers because you don't have access to the source, as I stated in the
same post that you quoted.

That said, I only posted to assist users who may run into the same
problem, fully aware of how the linux development process goes as far as
proprietary drivers are concerned: avoid them like the plague and keep
them as far from the tree as possible.  If FC3 or kernel-2.6.8
w/PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is released and this problem still exists for people
like me, then we will go to nvidia for a fix, because it is their
problem, not yours.

-brian