via sata kernel device

Marshall Lewis marshall at novafoundry.com
Thu Jul 1 03:42:55 UTC 2004

Are the kernel devices for sata changing again?.. with this last kernel
(459) my drive is coming up as /dev/sdd instead of /dev/hde

Also.. whatever was fixed with acpi a few builds ago that let me start
booting without the "acpi=off" option seems to have gone away (yeah, I
know that's vague).

And.. just to pile some more crap on.. :)   in the 448 build (and the
brief 441 build) I couldn't boot with either the "quiet" or "rhgb"
options enabled.. if I did, the machine would stall when it initialized
(after it initialized?) the usb controller.

I can provide more detail (in bugzilla even) if you want.

--
Marshall