New Nvidia driver with 4k stack support is out

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jul 7 19:41:00 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 00:22, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Tuesday 06 July 2004 21:25, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
>> On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 09:58 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> > Did you run depmod -a 2.6.whatever-you're-running after
>> > installing the nvidia drivers?
>> >
>> > That would be one reason it cannot find the driver.
>> > and it sounds as if a re-run of ldconfig might be in order.
>>
>> Okay, I have performed your recommendations and still it does not
>> work:
>
>That was my best shot, and I'm currently dead on that machine, the
> mobo needs some caps replaced, so until thats done I'm a bit
> helpless here too, sorry.

Anbd it turned out the caps were fine.  But I'm now out of the nvidia
business, that pny built GForce2-mx200 32 megger developed memory
smallpox of something, and the AGP slot is now occupied by a Radeon
9200 SE 128 megger, so I'll no doubt have questions about optimizing
that puppy.  It doesn't seem to be as fast as the gforce2 was at full
screen switching.  But that could be subjective.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.