Broadcom net drivers for FC2

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Jul 9 08:01:29 UTC 2004

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 08:47, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>
>>Dima Gutzeit wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all ,
>>>
>>>I am installing FC2 with all the updates on DL140 HP Proliant server. It has
>>>a Gigabit Broadcom network adapter.
>>>The problem is that those adapters are being recognized by FC2.
>>
>>Does the last statement miss a "not", or is the problem
>>that the wrong driver (tg3) is loaded?
>

> tg3 is not generally the wrong driver but the right one for this
> hardware...
> What's the PCI ID, what does the tg3 driver report when you try to load
> it .. etc etc.

In my case, I choose bcm5700 because HP's hpasm
(HP Advanced System Management) software complained
on a rh9 machine:

Jun  8 07:12:49 mail hpasm: WARNING:
Jun  8 07:12:49 mail hpasm: Unsupported tg3 driver loaded, please use
the tested and supported bcm5700

So on what hardware would I use the tg3 driver and
when should I use the bcm5700 driver?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk