preempt_voluntary problems

Stan Bubrouski stan at ccs.neu.edu
Sun Jul 11 19:43:28 UTC 2004

Hey,

Using kernel 2.6.7-1.47 with latest devel packages with
preempt_voluntary enabled seems to be crippling my interactivity.  For
example if I'm running simply 'make' to build vlc for example, while
make is running gnome-terminal takes 20-30 seconds to switch between
tabs.  Many apps are responsive but it seems some like gnome-terminal
are not.  To say the least.  Any idea what might be going on here?  Just
for verification I do only have preempt_voluntary enabled not preempt as
well.

Arjan?

-sb
--