NOPs in TCP traffic

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jul 12 11:54:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 12:36:44PM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
> So the best thing to do is to wait until the problem has been pinned
> down and the traffic shaper manufacturer named?

If only some kernels show it then a trace to compare would also be
interesting.

> Like Andy, I have been putting off the call to NTL, because I know
> exactly how that will go.

If they have any left find an NTL cablemodem business customer and check
the problem occurs for them too. NTL's service to the business customers
is a bit better than to others.

Alan (an ex NTL internet customer and very glad to be _ex_)