Where is Ximian Evolution

Tue Jul 13 12:33:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 06:47, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has Novell taken over Ximian evolution?

Yes, but not just Evolution. They now own Ximian in its entirety.

> What is the closest thing to evolution that I can try besides kmail?

Why are you looking to move from Evolution? It is still part of the
default FC distribution and will be for the foreseeable future, unless
Novell closes it. In that case, I would expect to see a fork based upon
the last available Open Source version.

The argument against that step however is that Novell has made the
Novell (formerly Ximian) Connector available as Open Source. This
suggests a continuation of making these available to the community
freely under the GPL.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz