anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1 images?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 16 21:09:35 UTC 2004

   i'm baffled by the fact that the first two CDs i've burned have both
failed the media check test.  first, yes, i've MD5SUMed my ISO images.
all 4 are perfect.

   the machine with the CD burner is across the net, so i used FTP to
copy the first couple images over, and burned them using nero under
windows.  that means there's two possibilities for corruption:
1) FTP, and 2) burning.

   i couldn't md5sum them on the windows box (no utility and it's not
my box to dump stuff onto) so, as a test, i used FTP to copy the CD1
image *back*.  md5sum perfect.  so i'm going to assume the FTP
transfer is fine.

   that leaves the burning process, which is what i guess i'll look at
next.  but is there any evidence that the mediacheck might be a bit
scrambled?

rday