anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1 images?

Fred New Fred.New at microlink.ee
Fri Jul 16 22:33:42 UTC 2004

Saturday, July 7, 2004, at 12:19 AM Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i'm baffled by the fact that the first two CDs i've burned have both
> failed the media check test.  first, yes, i've MD5SUMed my ISO images.
> all 4 are perfect.
<snip>
If burning the CDs isn't getting anywhere, you could try one of the
other installation methods...
I can confirm that the hard disk installation method works without any
problems.  I've been using this method since FC2t1.  Once I got around
to creating a special 3G partition just for the ISO images, the rest
was easy.  (But since I have already tested hard disk installation,
I guess that it means that other testers should continue to try to
burn CDs or DVDs. ;-) )

Additional details:  For the FC2 installations, I burned CD 1 and used
the askmethod boot parameter.  For FC3t1 I decided to skip all CD
burning, so I copied vmlinuz and initrd.img from
     http://<mirror site>../core/test/2.90/i386/os/isolinux to my
     /boot directory.
After updating grub.conf to include an menu line for them, I just booted
the installation kernel.  Others used this method when they couldn't
boot the CD during FC2 testing.  It worked very well.  But without a
bootable CD, I would have had problems if the installation had failed
after formatting / or /boot.

Fred