FC3 t1 - iso #2 fails mediacheck

Christian Thibodeau jlcthibo at uumail.gov.bc.ca
Mon Jul 19 01:09:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 12:33, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, raxet wrote:
>
> > Jeff Ratliff wrote:

> >> Check the thread "RE: anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1
> >> images?". This is being discussed. My reply in that thread
> >> was that I had a similar problem with disc 2, but I had no problem
> >> installing.
>
> > I had a similar problem with disc 2 iso only. Installed fine though.
>
> ok, so ... what's the consensus?  i've seen various posts on this, and
> different people are getting different weirdness.  personally, my
> downloaded images pass md5 tests, but when i burn, CD 1 fails the
> media check and, even if i ignore that and try to install, i get a
> failure partway thru that CD 1.
>
> i've burned CD 1 three times already, and every burn fails the media
> test from a perfectly good image ISO.  i'm stumped.

The 4 ISOs I downloaded (from ftp.nrc.ca) all passed the MD5 test, and
the CDs I burned all passed the media check. I also was able to update
an FC2 box to FC3T1 with those CDs without problems.

I used K3b on an up to date FC2 machine, writing to an HP CD-Writer Plus
(8100 series).

I have no idea why so many people are having trouble; I am just offering
this information as another data point.

--
Christian Thibodeau
Open Systems, Hosting