Failed DVD install of FC3T1

Mon Jul 19 14:44:14 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 23:35 -0400, Williams Jr, Ernest L. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally created a DVD for FC3T1 from the four CDROM ISOs.
>
> The md5sum checked out.   Also the media check worked fine.
>
> However, the installatiion hangs on trying to install the following package:
>
> "fontconfig-2.2.1-11"
>
> Reports:
>
> =====================================================================================
> The package fontconfig-2.2.1-11 could not be opened. This is due to a missing file
> or perhaps a corrupt package.
>
> Did anyone else get this?

Loaded FC3T1 from a DVD image mounted in a VMware VM without problems -
Workstation install + lots of extras such as KDE, admin tools, and KDE/
Gnome/kernel development.  Has fontconfig-2.1.1-11 loaded OK.

> Also, can we make Anaconda have a skip package option?

Can't answer that one, but sounds like a request for a new feature with
the possibility of some hairy dependency implications.

Phil