anyone else having mediacheck problems with FC3t1 images?

Jason Dravet dravet at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:49:20 UTC 2004

I am getting the following messages on one of the other screens (Alt-F4).

<3>Buffer I/O error on device hdd, logical block 161345
<4>hdd: media error (bad sector): status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }
<4>hdd: media error (bad sector): errir=0x30
<4>end_request: I/O error, dev hdd, sector 1290776

There are several more of these type messages each with the logical block
and sector incremented by one.

I have tried different media and different isos.  Each ISO's md5sum matches
the md5sum at download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/etc...

If I can get access to it, I might be able to try a second burrner.

Jason